Feltmakers7

This blog has been set up for region 7 members of the International Feltmakers Association to share their work, interesting web links and anything else felty. Come and join us!

Welcome

its great that you have found us. This blog will only be as good as the
information contributed by you. Feel free to make comments on posts that are
already there. If you want to contribute new posts email
feltmakers7@yahoo.co.uk

We are looking forward to hearing from you.


Wednesday 13 January 2010

workshop possibility - your advice needed!

NB: SADLY FAITH CANNOT MAKE A WORKSHOP THIS YEAR AFTER ALL
WE ARE TRYING TO ARRANGE SOMETHING FOR 2011

We have the option of inviting Faith Roper to run a two day workshop and need to know if this would be of interest to you before we go ahead and make arrangements.

Please have a look at the internet to find out more about her work - see links opposite. She is currently working on fabric cut to sew into garments and felted to enhance the shape. She also has a wealth of other skills and experience we could draw on.

Workshop costs would be approximately £55 for the two days

Let us know what you think either by commenting below or by emailing us at feltmakers7@yahoo.co.uk


added to post on 21.1.2010
we have had a very good response to this proposal by email and so are seeking dates when Faith might be available. Watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have limited knowledge re: sewing, but would love to do a course with Faith. I have seen her dresses and they are beautiful!

    If the course doesn't class with my C&G dates then I'm definately in.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in a workshop with Faith Roper, her site has some very interesting things on it. However, the workshop would need to be at a time and place we could get to. I suppose it would be later in the year and I already have some holidays planned and also, if Elsie wasn't interested, although I am sure she will be, unless I could get there by public transport I couldn't come. That's rather a convoluted sentence but I hope you understand it.

    thanks Jenny, its great to hear from you
    D&H

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news!
    I am a huge Faith Roper fan and would love to have the chance of working with her again. I can thoroughly recommend her as a most skilful and innovative feltmaker and a lovely teacher. Please put me on the list for her prospective 2 day workshop if/when it happens. The idea of design and pattern cutting to extend the options for making clothes would be most welcome and interesting. The seamless technique can be a problem if ones own form is more pearshaped than slender!
    thanks Barbara

    ReplyDelete